As I've been working on MachBlog (which should be done in the next few weeks sometime), I'm extremely glad I decided to use this as my opportunity to learn ColdSpring. Now that most of my objects are built and I'm actually putting things into action, I ran into several cases this morning where I found myself needing objects within other objects, and these objects weren't already in there.Before ColdSpring this might have been a bit of an "oh crap" moment, and I would have had to traverse back through the object dependencies and figure out what all I needed to get Object B into Object A successfully. As you might imagine this can get a bit nasty when Object B also has its own dependencies, and maybe those dependent objects have their own dependecies ... you get the picture. With ColdSpring all I had to do was add a property or argument (depending on how it's being used) to the CFC in which I need this other object, add about three lines to the ColdSpring services.xml file, and that's it! The dependency maze is handled for me by ColdSpring. This is VERY cool stuff that has saved me numerous headaches thus far in my experimental app.
mmmm... coldspring rox0rz j00..Its a very cool framework.