I've had several people email me recently about the user group management application I created for the Capitol Hill User Group (CHUG), so rather than delay availability until I have time to finish it, I thought I'd post the Google Code URL so you can grab it if you're interested, warts and all. It uses Mach-II and ColdSpring so you'll need those frameworks to run the app.
You can access the code using your favorite SVN client from here:http://code.google.com/p/chug/
- It's not done, so if you click on something and it doesn't work, either I didn't get to it or it's a bug
- MySQL is the only database supported at the moment
And the good news:
- The important parts such as managing meetings, people, RSVPs, and news work. I'm using it to run my UG as is and it gets the job done.
- It's skinnable in similar fashion to MachBlog, so you can make it look however you want
- It's i18n ready (although English is the only language bundle included)
If you're interested in getting involved with the project please let me know. I think it could become a nice little app, but I'll be honest and let everyone know that this is probably the lowest item on my priority list at the moment, so I'll only be completing the incomplete features as I have time. Even as is it should serve most purposes pretty well.