Quick note to anyone planning to attend my "Running Multiple CFML Engines on Apache Tomcat" talk at cf.Objective() -- even though this is only a one-hour session, with just a bit of prep work you can easily turn this into a hands-on session since I only have a few slides and it will be mostly demo. You don't have to follow along to get a ton of great info from this session, but if you want to follow along please grab the following ahead of time:
- Java (I assume this is already on most attendee's machine and configured properly)
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Web Server
- Dealer's choice/mix and match: Open BlueDragon, Railo, and Adobe ColdFusion
Some additional notes:
- You do NOT need to install Tomcat ahead of time
- You SHOULD install Apache ahead of time
- If you want to use Adobe CF as one of your engines, you'll want to run the installer ahead of time and for the installation type choose "generate a WAR file" and have that available on your laptop. Note that even if you have Adobe CF installed on your machine already, you can run the installer again and generate a WAR file without affecting your existing installation.
- For Open BlueDragon and Railo, grab the WAR files and have those handy
- Your operating system doesn't matter--all the Tomcat stuff is pure Java, so whether you're on GNU/Linux, Windows, or Mac it's all good.
If you have questions/concerns ahead of time please comment here or email me. See you at cf.Objective()!